As a part of our pandemic plan, our Pearl City, Pearl City Stations, Kapolei, and Main Station branches are temporarily closed. Our Main Branch at 1537 Young Street remains open Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
We are strongly urging members to familiarize themselves with our Remote Account Access Options, and to use them as much as they're able to.
Please check back here for the latest updates on our operations, or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Shared Branch Access
Currently, HLEFCU members may access their accounts at the following Hawaii credit unions:
Members of the above credit unions are also welcome to visit our Main Branch to access their accounts.
We have increased the number of in-house phone representatives answering calls, Monday to Friday, between 7:30 am and 4:30 pm. However, our mainland call center for after hours phone support is receiving an exceedingly large number of calls, resulting in hold times of as much as 30 minutes. In order to minimize hold times, we kindly ask that members utilize Home or Mobile Banking as much as possible. We'd like to keep our lines open for more pressing needs, such as financial assistance, fraud reporting, new services signup, and other tasks that can't be completed online. Thank you for your kokua.
Remote Account Access Options
- Home Banking: access your HLEFCU account(s) online via a computer or your mobile device. Please ensure your information is up to date by logging into your account and confirming your account details. If you need assistance accessing your account or need to sign-up, please visit one of our branches. Want to sign up for one of our Remote Account Access Options? Please complete and sign the Remote Access Update and Request Form and mail it to 1537 Young Street, 3rd Floor, Honolulu, HI 96826, or drop it off in-person at our branch.
- HLEFCU Mobile App: our HLEFCU Mobile App, available for iOS and Android, allows you to access your account anywhere on your mobile device. Features include transferring money between your HLEFCU accounts viewing balances and transactions, paying loans, online bill pay, Electronic Account Transfer, and Remote Deposit Caputre.
- HLEFCU Cards App: our HLEFCU Cards App, available for iOS and Android, allows you to manage your HLEFCU credit and debit cards anywhere on your mobile device. Features include the ability to view balances and transactions, the setting of card controls like geofencing, making payments, report lost/stolen, and more.
- Electronic Account Transfer (EAT): available to members that have had their account open for at least 90 days, EAT allows you to transfer funds between your HLEFCU account and those under your name at other financial institutions. To learn more about or apply for EAT, please visit one of our branches or call us at 808.973.4311, or toll-free at 1.866.351.4311.
- Remote Deposit Capture (RDC): available to members that have had their account open for at least 90 days, RDC allows you to deposit checks using your mobile device. To learn more about or apply for RDC, please visit one of our branches or call us at 808.973.4311, or toll-free at 1.866.351.4311.
- Call Center: you may speak to an HLEFCU representative by calling us at 808.973.4311, or toll-free at 1.866.351.4311. However, we kindly ask that members conduct simple tasks, like obtaining your account balance, via Home Banking or our HLEFCU Mobile App to ensure we're able to effectively and efficiently serve members with higher priority needs, such as Home Banking account login resets, member assistance, etc.
Fee-free access to your HLEFCU account remains available via all First Hawaiian Bank and Aloha Pacific ATMs. If, however, you are unable to access any of our fee-free ATMs, you may use the nearest ATM, and we'll reimburse any ATM fees you incur up to $4 per transaction for up to three (3) transactions per month. To obtain your fee reimbursement, please submit a copy of your statement showing the applicable fees to us either in person or by mail.
For members that have been impacted by COVID-19 or its effects and need support, we're here to help. Current available options include:
- Emergency Loan Program
- Loan and Credit Card Payment Deferrement
- Mortgage Loan Forbearance Program
Not all programs are available to all members. Each request will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please call us at 808.973.4311, or toll-free at 1.866.351.4311 to find out about our assistance programs that may be available to you.
We are reminding staff to wash their hands regularly per CDC guidelines and to avoid touching their face. We are also instructing employees to stay home if they are not feeling well, and ask that all members do the same. It is also recommended that everyone wear a non-surgical mask when they leave their homes.
Again, we will continue to monitor the situation closely and will evaluate additional measures to support our members and community as needed. Please check back here regularly for updates on Credit Union operations and visit www.cdc.gov and health.hawaii.gov for the latest updates on COVID-19.
COVID-19 Stimulus Checks/Deposits
While some may have already recieved their COVID-19 stimulus payments, we know many of you have not. And, like those of you that haven't, many are anxious and looking for information. As a result, many scammers are taking advantage of the situation to obtain your private information. To protect your information, never reveal any personal information to anyone that calls you asking for it. The IRS and financial institutions will never ask for your account number, Social Security Number, or other non-public personal information when reaching out to you.
If you're looking for information regarding your stimulus payment, he only official source of information is the IRS itself. If you want to check on your payment status or update your direct deposit information, please visit IRS Get My Payment.
COVID-19 Preparedeness Tips
As the situation around the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, all of us are rushing to adapt to what will likely be a “new normal” for the immediate future. Here at HLEFCU, we’re taking every step necessary to ensure that we’ll always be here to serve your financial needs.
To better prepare yourself for our rapidly changing way of life, we’re suggesting the following:
- Maintain a reasonable supply of cash on-hand
- Ensure you know your HLEFCU Home Banking credentials or, if you don’t already have access, sign-up for access now
- Use Online Bill Pay in Home Banking to pay your bills
- Apply for access to Electronic Account Transfer to make online funds transfers between your HLEFCU account and accounts at other financial institutions
- Apply for Remote Deposit Capture to deposit checks with your mobile phone (requires the HLEFCU Mobile App)
- Download the HLEFCU Mobile App and HLEFCU Cards App from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store
- Ensure that your contact information with the Credit Union, including your e-mail address, is up-to-date
Having the above will ensure that you’ll continue to have convenient access to your account(s) and can conduct your normal banking activities in the event of a government-mandated quarantine.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please visit one of our branches or call us at 808.973.4311, or toll-free at 1.866.351.4311.
Protect Yourself from Fraud
In times of crisis, fraud by phone and email increases, as criminals try to take advantage of what is often a confusing, stressful time for many. So, it's essential to be extra vigilant during these uncertain times. Below are a few tips and reminders to help you keep your finances safe:
- HLEFCU will never call, text, or email you to ask you for sensitive information like your account, debit card, or credit card number; your PIN; passwords, your Social Security Number, or any other confidential information.
- When searching for needed supplies, do not buy from unfamiliar websites. Only make purchases through known, trusted websites.
- Use your HLEFCU Platinum Mastercard instead of your HLEFCU Debit Card when placing online orders to safeguard the funds in your account.
- Do not purchase COVID-19 test kits or treatments online - these are scams. No treatment or tests can be obtained without a doctor.
- Scammers may also pose as hospitals or doctors claiming that they treated a loved one and that payment is required.
- Charity scams are prevalant during times of crisis too. If you want to make charitable donations, do so only with known organizations like the Red Cross, the Hawaii Food Bank, etc.
- Malware is being embedded into apps that claim they're able to track the spread of the virus. If you want to keep tabs on the spread of the virus, utilize known sources of information like the CDC, the World Health Organization, and John Hopkins University Tracker
- Beware of scammers posing as the World Health Organization, the CDC, or other similar organizations. Fraudsters are posing as these organizations to try to get you to download malware or to get you to provide personal, confidential information. These organizations will never ask you to download anything, nor will they contact you seeking personal information.
If you are unsure of any communication you receive, it's best to delete the email and contact the organization directly using an alternate means. However, if you suspect you've been a victim of fraud, please contact us at 973.4311, or toll-free at 1.866.351.4311 so that we may work to help you secure your HLEFCU accounts.